SMITHVILLE — With questions arising about Smithville School District finances, Superintendent Todd Schuetz, Board of Education members and staff are organizing Finance 101 sessions for district taxpayers.
Sessions are public opportunities to learn how tax dollars are used to support the district, get answers to questions patrons may have and offer an opportunity for district staff to take suggestions on how to be more transparent.
Meetings are open to seven patrons each, with eight opportunities available with four or more open seats. All meetings take place at Smithville School District’s central office, 655 S. Commercial Ave. To register, visit signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4daeaf22a5f94-ssdfinance.
The following meetings are available:
- 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 3;
- 2 to 3 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 8;
- 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 22;
- 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 28;
- 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 3;
- 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 12;
- 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept 17; and
- 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25
For more information, contact the district office at 532-0406.