Douglas Edwin Whitacre, 62, of Smithville, MO, passed away on August 15, 2020. Services will be held at Terrace Park Funeral Home & Cemetery, with visitation on Wednesday, August 19 from 5 to 7 p.m., a Celebration of Life at 10 a.m. on Thursday, August 20, followed by an interment.
Obituaries for the Courier-Tribune are free for the first 70 words. More information may be presented for an additional fee. For fee information, please consult your funeral director or call (816) 781-4941.
Funeral homes may fax information to (816) 414-3340 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your contact information. Photos may be emailed in jpeg format. Deadline to run in the printed paper is 10 a.m. on Tuesday. The Courier-Tribune publishes on Thursday.
Private-party obituaries are taken 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except on holidays.
- Winter weather advisory on tap for Monday
- DONNA'S DAY: Talk to kids about winning, losing
- MSHSAA releases state football brackets
- SPORTS DIGEST: Marian Catholic outfielder Donovan McIntyre commits to Kent State
- Ex-Huskers in the NFL, 10/25
- Large dose of Rountree runs wears down Kentucky defense
- Steven M. Sipple: Darlington disagrees with flag on Williams, but says arm tackling useful
- Packers bounce back, prove previous loss was an ‘anomaly’ in 35-20 victory over Texans