Families can learn how camping can connect them with the outdoor world and can also share photos about how those connections are being made Thursday, Aug. 12, during the Missouri Department of Conservation’s virtual program “Discover Nature: Backyard Campout Photo Contest.”
Due to health precautions regarding COVID-19, all U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Kansas City District Visitor Centers are closed. This includes the Jerry L. Litton Visitors Center at Smithville Lake.
(The Center Square) – President Joe Biden reversed course this week with his announcement of a new COVID-related moratorium on evictions, but the order has already gotten strong pushback from critics.
- Critics raise concerns over legality of new eviction moratorium as billions of federal relief funds remain unspent
- Olympic gold medalist breaks internet with cardigan
- Abbott, DeSantis fire back at Biden: 'Do your job'
- Unemployment claims dip but remain higher than pre-pandemic levels
- Jamaica's sprint queens: 'I think we represent the hope of so many girls from the country'